01 May, 2014

Breaking News....

We now cross live to a press conference being held by the prime minister Mr Abbott to eplain the reduction in the threshhold of his paid parental leave policy.

Good morning.

You might remember that when I first announced this policy as opposition leader it... um, came as, ah... a bit of a surprise to some of my party colleagues. Haha. Um, I did say at the time... ah... that, ah... sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness... than permission. I am pleased to say, ah... that they, um... they did forgive me, hehe... and more importantly than that, the Australian people embraced us and... gave us the mandate to enact real change.

I always said that that Paid Parental Leave scheme would be a... um, a signature policy of my government. Now, that has not changed. It has. Not. Changed.

I think everybody knows... and, um... understands that a, um, "signature" is something that... ah... can sometimes be... um... very hard to read. Ah... it doesn't always say... um... what you might think it says... It can sometimes look... completely different... to what it actually says. That is in the very nature... if I may say so... of signatures... and therefore... signature policies.

So, um, inconclusion, it's not a broken promise. Thank you, no more questions.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment