04 April, 2015

Thinking of Linking

This week I have been mostly reading...

Australian politics:
Jane Gilmore: Eleventy Joe and the IPA

Please don't cut penalty rates. It's the only way I can feed my kids and pay my bills "While China and other countries are pulling their people out of poverty, our current leaders seem intent on grinding ours into it. Wistfully I’m remembering an Australia where people were paid an honest rate for an honest job."

Why Ricky Muir should really be a Labor man

Kevin Rudd's Ted talk may be his first step towards redemption

US Politics:
Clinical psychologist explains how Ayn Rand helped turn the US into a selfish and greedy nation

Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show' Segment Leads To Huge Change For Veterans
Want to talk about supporting the troops? Your court, Fox!

Music:
The Waterboys at Melbourne Recital Centre
(by the excellent H-Bomb, and I took some photos)



I got stupid on me and I need to wipe it off on you:
Possibly the biggest social media own-goal of the year

Related to the above: Anti-Penalty Rates Campaign Backfires (Sorry, Not Sorry) Ha ha ha!

Why Our Children Don’t Think There Are Moral Facts

Good news dept:
Astor Theatre to close, and to reopen, as George Florence agrees to sell to Palace Cinemas 

The least boring photo on my camera roll:
Hi!






No comments:

Post a Comment